Sunday, September 10, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Goodness

Lookie, lookie! Here is the great stuff my Secret Pal 8, Angel, sent me this week. The Hot Knits book by Melissa Leapman has some great patterns in it. I especially like Mackenzie on page 12. It has ruffle trim at the bottom and sleeves. The sleeveless dress, Katherine, on page 46 has a great stitch pattern at the neck that I think would look great on a sweater. I just don't have the right figure to pull of a knitted dress! And the sleeveless tank, Diana, on page 60 is great too. More stuff to go onto my knitting list.
Angel also sent a keychain sock blocker with a pattern to make these cute little socks to put on your keychain. You could make a ton of these with a skein of yarn or a few with left over sock yarn.

In the package was 4 skeins of yarn. One is Trekking sock yarn and another is handpainted Schaefer Yarn. The final two skeins are Ultra Alpaca by Berroco in a alpaca and wool blend. These are to try my hand at dyeing. Can't wait to do that!

Finally, she sent some beautiful stich markers on a stitch holder and some cute note cards with an image of a woman knitting some mittens. All of this came with a jute bag to carry everything in.
Even RJ approves!

Thanks Angel for being such a great secret pal. And thanks for all the great knitting stuff you sent me this summer. I've had a lot of fun! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Knitphomaniac said...

Oooh, nice! :) I can't wait for SP9 to start. This will be the first one I actually caught in time to sign up so I'm excited.

The dyeing yarn is especially neat. I added a skein of KP's bare merino fingering weight to my Christmas presents order so I'm looking forward to trying my hand at it soon as well. So far I've only done one project that involved dyeing yarn and that was some Peaches & Cream and RIT dye. Hardly counts.
Especially nifty that you got an alpaca blend. Then again, I just have an alpaca fixation. Hehe.

Are you planning to use acid dye, Kool-Aid, or something else? I'm thinking I'm going to go varigated (possibly kinda self-striping but that's being really optimistic) with Kool-Aid to start off so I don't have to order the Jaquard dye stuff and worry about the chemicals around my critters.