Monday, October 26, 2009

Hats, Hats, Hats

 


One of my friends asked me to knit them a beanie style hat a month or so ago.



And that got me started on a hat kntting streak. So over the last month and half, I've been knitting hats. Most of the them have been the Pro Bono hat pattern by Angelina Fagan.





I really like this pattern because it is an easy K2P2 one using chunky yarn. I also used worsted weight yarn for several of the hats and just increased the cast on to 88 stitches. I may make a few more but I either need to decrease the needle size and/or the number of cast on stitches. They are a perfect size for my head but I've had several women with not so much hair as I try them on and they fit but could be a bit more snug.

I also knitted a Robin's Egg Blue Hat by Rachel Iufer using Malabrigo Chunky Yarn.




Finally, I knitted The Amanda's Hat(pdf) by Gina House.



I like the stitch pattern so much and I had just enough yarn so I made a cowl too.

No comments: