Saturday, October 22, 2005

I Love Chunky Yarn!!!

I've started working on a cardigan pattern from The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd using a super chunky yarn. It is knitting up really, really fast.

It only took two skeins to knit the back. So I think I'll have plenty of yarn since I bought 8 skiens. It is Lion's Wool Ease Thick & Quick in Claret, a really pretty brown/purple color.

I hope to have it done by November 3rd for Vickie Howell's book release party. I'd like to wear something I've knitted to the event and this cardigan will be perfect.

Vickie's new book is New Knits on the Block : A Guide to Knitting What Kids Really Want. It just came out at the beginning of the month.

Vickie put out an invitation to the folks on the Stitch and Bitch Austin Yahoo! Group for the party. I've never meet Vickie before but I've just started watching Knitty Gritty, the knitting show she hosts after reading a post by her on the list and checking out her blog. She has a quirky sense of humor and I really enjoy the show.

It will be nice to help her celebrate her new book and get a chance to meet other Austin knitters. I think I'll bring some knitting with me too. I'm not so great at mingling!!!

No comments: