Thursday, November 03, 2005

Vickie Howell Book Release Soiree

Just got back from Vickie Howell's book release soiree in West Austin. I got there a little late but was still able to snag a free copy of her book, New Knits On The Block.

She was also giving away gift bags filled with really cool stuff including the latest issue of Voque Knitting which I almost purchased the other night at Book People when I was there for Stitch and Bitch. There is a really cute A-line skirt pattern in there I'd love to make.

I didn't actually get to meet or even see Vickie before I left. But the band that was playing was good. I ran into two women from the Austin Stitch and Bitch group, Becky and Ellen. We talked knitting for a while. And they both admired my cardigan I had knitted. It really wasn't cold enough to wear it, it is pretty thick and heavy, but I figured it was a knitting party so why not?!?

I know it is a lame excuse but I had to leave early to go home to walk the dog. Maybe I'll get to meet Vickie some other time.

No comments: