Thursday, June 28, 2007

Working and Knitting At Home Today

Just got back from town. My office is closed but I need groceries anyway. We were out of eggs, milk, and bread plus other things. It has started raining again so I hurried home to get to this side of the low water crossing. The creeks in Marble Falls are flowing hard but obviously aren't up as far as they were because you can see all the debris about 500 yards up the banks.

I'm grateful we have a well and actually have water. Marble Falls is still without. However, I did hear on the radio that we should boil are water since we got more then 6 inches of rain (we got over 18 inches and more is pouring down right now!)

Thanks for all the e-mails and comments on the blog. It is nice knowing so many people I have never meet before are caring about my well-being. But then again the knitting community is so great!

I did make some progress on my sock yesterday after I spent a few hours working and then taking a nap. I didn't get much sleep during the thunder storms that brought all our rain the other night.

Will post a picture later of the sock and about how it is going on out here.

No comments: