Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Socks

It has been snowing like crazy here in Seattle for a week now. As I type, it is snowing again.

 


I took the above picture from my backdoor. It shows an accumulation of all the snow we've had since a week ago yesterday. I'm guessing it is a least a foot of snow.

 


There is a crust of about an 1/8 of an inch to 1/4 of an inch over the top of the snow which you can see broken up from where my dog, Pachebel, walked when I let her out earlier.

 


She was none to fond to be outside!

 


The snow has been good for one thing though. I was able to finish a pair of socks that I started when I was teaching a friend how to knit socks. If you think your monitor is off or the lighting in my picture is off, because the two socks are different shades, you'd be wrong. They are actually different shades of the same colorway. One of the socks is much darker then the other. Something I didn't notice until I started knitting the second one. Don't know if they are from different dyelots or not since I threw away one of the ball bands.

The yarn is Lane Cervinia Calzetteria and I used size 1 DPNs. I just used a K2P2 stitch pattern. I like to knit socks with that stitch pattern because it is easy to remember and is pretty forgiving in size. Since they are socks I'm not to worried that they are so different in shade. Not many people will seeing them on my feet anyway!

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

Rhonda, is everything OK? Did you move your blog? Miss reading about your adventures!