Sunday, January 22, 2006

KNC Difficulties

Aaaaaaaarrrrrr! I've been trying for the last day to get my Knitting News Cast podcast recorded. I started yesterday afternoon because I knew I was going to my MIL's to teach her knitting today at noon. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to get it finished this morning and posted.

Well, first Audacity on my laptop started acting crazy, making the recording sound like it was dragging. So I copied the file and put it on Amy's computer. Then my headphone and microphone wouldn't work so I had to use a different set that make a buzzing sound on the recording.

Then Audacity started acting crazy on Amy's computer. We thought maybe the Audacity file was corrupt. So this afternoon after showing Fay how to knit and having lunch, I came home to try to record the show from scratch using a new file in audacity.

Now my microphone won't work on my laptop. So I'm not destined to release episode 5 today and I'm really bummed and frustrated. I want to be dependable and regular with my podcast so my listeners know when to expect the next podcast.

Looks like I need to get some more memory, a new sound card, and a new mic for my computer. I'll do that this week and try recording the podcast again by next Sunday.

Well, at least I got some knitting done today while we were over at Fay's. I'm working on a cute baby blanket that was on an episode of Knitty Gritty a couple of weeks ago. It is for Andy's and Kelly's baby. The baby shower is February 25th so I need to get it done by then!!

No comments: