Saturday, September 29, 2007

On Your Toes Socks

So I've really gotten into Ravelry, a new online knitting and crotchet community. Call it the MySpace for knitters! It is in beta right now so you have to get on a waiting list in order to join. I signed up in July and got my invitation last week. So it was about a two 2 month wait.

My user name is RhondaB, so if you are already on, you could add me as a friend ;)
My designer page is http://www.ravelry.com/designers/rhonda-bell. All I have up on my designer page is the Wrist Warmer Generator I created. But now that I have a place to publish patterns to, I may get motivated to try out some designs I've been thinking about.

Anyway, one of the things you do is post all your projects to a notebook to keep track of them. You include the pattern source, yarn used, needle used, and comments. There are then links to other people who made the same pattern or used the same yarn.

You can also associate blog entries with each project. So that is the motivation for this post.

This is a first of a pair of socks I started in July. They are toe up socks from a pattern in the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave. The pattern is "On Your Toes Socks" by Ann Budd. I've started the second pair but I'm just past the toes.

I got distracted from them when the yarn for my Josephine Top came and I started knitting on that project.

I think they will be a great project to take to my knitting group meetings because they are small and a rather easy knit. I'll just have to work on the heel section at home because I need to concentrate when I do that part. But the rest of the sock is ribbing or stockinette, so I should be able to chat without messing up.

I can't remember the name of the yarn I'm using. I bought it at the Artisian store in Burnet before I left Texas. I'm hoping I'll see the same yarn at a store here so I can put it in my Ravelry notebook.

The thing about Ravelry though, is that I spend time on there when I could be knitting!

No comments: