Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Seattle - Day One

Today we went over to the canal locks where they let boats in and out of Lake Washington to Puget Sound near Ballard.

The salmon are swimming upstream right now and we got to see them through an observation window as they worked themselves up a "fish ladder".

We also got to watch several boats get lowered to go out to sea at the locks. And then we watched several others get raised to get into Lake Washington. It is a production. If I was a boat owner it would seem like a hassle. But if I was a salmon, I'd be grateful for the locks.

The weather was perfect: sunny and in the high 60's/lower 70's. I'm glad to be away from the heat back in Texas.

We looked at one house today but we didn't like it. We are going to drive by some others tomorrow. I'm thinking it may take longer to find a house then I expected. But we'll see. I'm sure the right house will show up at the right time!

No comments: