Friday, January 04, 2008

Current WIPs

I'm making progress on Mr Greenjeans. At first I was a little worried that I was making it too small and the the armholes would be too tight. But when I tried it on I was hiking it up all the way to my neck. The sweater design is a v-neck and there is still a button band to pick up and knit. So when I take that into account, and try it on the way I'll actually wear it, it fits fine.

Now I am a little worried about the bottom half being wide enough. I did pick the size based on the bust measurement, but my hips are a few inches wider so I think I'm going to increase now that I'm getting past the waist. I'm just not sure I know the best way to increase in the cable and ribbing pattern. Will need to look that up.

Also, I've started a toe-up sock. I used the formula from the Sock-ra-tease by Renaissance Yarns pattern to figure out the number of stitches to cast on and increase to. But I'm not sure I want to do a plain stockinette stitch sock. I may do K2P2 ribbing on the top of the sock for a better fit. I have another pair of socks that I did that way and I like how they fit.

I don't want to make this pair of socks too complicated because I'm going to knit both socks at the same time on two circulars. I'm tired of my socks not being the same size and so I'm hoping that by knitting them at the same time I'll avoid having significantly different tension.

I've finished the first sock's increases and I'm going to cast on the second sock tonight. Then I'll move both socks to the circulars and start knitting them at the same time. I may try the afterthought heel on these too. I haven't been completely satisfied of either version of heel gussets I've knitted on socks so far. Maybe I'll like this version better.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Suna Kendall said...

First, your new room looks great. Good work.

Second, the bottom part of Mr. Greenjeans will expand once you block it. Mine did, and it's fine now. It's supposed to be slightly ribbed, so it will angle back a bit, but mine's just fine now that I blocked it.

emicat said...

When I finally learn to knit using Magic Loop, I plan to use the SockRaTease pattern.

I'd love to know how it turns out!