Saturday, March 18, 2006

Project Update and Future Projects

I've been working on my Same But Different sleeveless top this morning. I had to rip back the front because I knitted it just like the back and the front has a neckline. But, of course, I ripped back to far and have to knit a few more inches before I can start the neckline.

Even with all the ripping and re-knitting on this top, I'm really enjoying the process. I've been checking my length every few minutes or so. I pin the top to the bed so that I can be sure to get an accurate measurement. Measuring on my leg just doesn't work!

Once the top part of the top is complete or at least the shoulder seams sewn I'm going to rip out the bottom 4 or 5 inches so I can lengthen the top and redo the bottom border. I was hoping to get the top done this weekend but I'm not sure if I will. I'd rather get it just so and fitting right then to wiz right through it to get it done.

I also started a cotton dish cloth for my mom for Mother's Day. I'm wanting to make a set of 4 in a couple of different colors. Mom is coming to Austin from Seattle for Mother's Day so I'll be able to give them to her in person. I'm also making a set for my SIL who's birthday is next month.

Also this week I greated a list of knitting projects to complete this year. It sounds kinda of anal but I really need to know what I need to knit for gifts for birthdays and Xmas so that I'm not scrambling at the end of the year trying to get everything knitted. I came up with some timelines of when to start and complete each project but those are mostly guidelines so that I can keep on top of everything.

And of course, there are several projects for me too! I think my next garment will me a tank top. But I need to get the sleeveless top I'm working on done first!

No comments: