Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blue Moon Fiber De-Stashing Saled

Charity, Ialiuxh, and I had a wonderful time at the Blue Moon Fiber De-staching Sale at the Scappose Creek Inn in Scappose, OR yesterday. The inn is a cute B&B with 3 houses with several bedrooms in each. We stayed in Lindy's Loft which had a Queen sized bed and a daybed with a trundle bed. It was a good sized room for the 3 of us but the bathroom was tiny.
They have a couple of llamas on the property. I feed the completely black one, who is the female, right from my hand with llama food they have for sale. She wouldn't let the male get any food and when I tried to give him some, he was so agitated with her that he just spit! Well, having lived with alpaca for the last 2 years, I know better then to tempt fate and try to calm him down. The spit would just get more noxious! So no more food for them!
It was a bright sunny, beautiful day with the trees and landscape in full autumn colors. It was just nice being outside in the bright morning sunshine. The inn also had chickens and a rooster walking around the property.
But as nice as the B&B was and as beautiful the day was, we didn't go to Oregon for that. We went for YARN! Luckily, we were first in line at 9 am for the 10 am opening because, the place was crazy packed with people within 5 minutes. Here's Charity loaded up with yarn to sort. The best method was to grab what you thought you'd like, walk away from the mayhem, and sort it at a table away from the crowd. Then you take back what you don't like and get more to sort. I did this several times. Ialiuxh has it down to a science!
Here is what Charity and I ended up with. Mine is in the lower right hand corner. I bought 7 skeins of the lightweight Socks That Rock sock yarn and 2 skeins of De-vine, a worsted or bulky weight yarn, in pink.

The yarn Charity bought for her friend in England is in the lower left hand corner. And the new yarn for her stash is above.
Ialiuxh was very good by sticking to her "rules" for the sale. She only bought sock yarn which had purple, green, or orange.

After the sale we drove back home via two yarn store stops in Tacoma. We went to Lamb's Ear Yarn which is in a cute little house that has several rooms of yarn. I bought a couple sets of cable needles for my cable class next week at the Yarn Stash. On set is by Brittany needles and are straight birch wood. The other set is plastic in a "J" shape. I bought both because I don't know which type I'll end up preferring better.

The other yarn store we went to was Fiber etc. It was packed from floor to ceiling with lots of wonderful yarn. But by the time we got there I was whooped and didn't really look around much. I'll have to make another trip there when I have more energy. Who knew that yarn shopping could wear you out so much?!?

More pictures in my Google Album

3 comments:

Ialiuxh said...

Here is the website for Lamb's Ear in Tacoma.

http://www.lambsearfarm.com/

Charity said...

I had soooo much fun! I did snag a photo or two as I didn't have a similar shot for my blog. Must surprise my pal in the UK so I couldn't just link to your blog!

emicat said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! thanks for sharing your photos, so that I can live through all of the purchases you gals made :) The B&B looks very nice too!