Monday, February 25, 2008

Knitting Update

I was finally able to get some knitting done this weekend. I finished the left side of the Japanese Cable Vest and started on the right. It is a bit tricky because I have to convert the chart into a mirror image. I've got the first repeat done.

I also finished the knitting up on Mr Greenjean. I picked up the button band last night and spent 4 hours watching Law & Order plus Dexter working on it. Now all I have left to do is weave in all the ends and block.

I'm not sure if I like how the cardigan turned out and I may redo the sleeves at some time in the future, but for now its "done".

I also got a couple of swatches knit on my Ultimate Sweater Machine. I've been doing so much reading up on it on Ravelry and talking to my friend Angi, that when I did my first row, I didn't have any problems!

I just made sure to hold the yarn without slack at the beginning of each row and then let go as I knit the row. Stop. Then repeat. In no time I had several inches of knitting!

None of the projects in the pattern book that came with the machine appeal to me (but then again nothing is really appealing to me right now. I'm really going through the motions on my knitting right now) so I'm not sure what I'm going to knit on it as a first project yet. There is an Empire Coat on the Bond America site that I like. I've wanted to knit an extra long cardigan but the idea of all that stockinette was too much. With the knitting machine, it should take no time, at least the knitting part. There is still a bunch of finishing though. I'll have to buy a bunch of yarn for that so I may try something smaller using some yarn I have in my stash.

No comments: