Saturday, July 26, 2008

Ravelympics 2008 - Gauge Swatch

Here's my gauge swatch for the project I'm going to be working on for Ravelympics 2008 being hosted on Ravelry. The idea is to pick a challenging project, cast on during opening ceremonies on August 8th, and finish the project by closing ceremonies.

 


I'm entered in the Cable Steeple Chase for Team Japanese. I'm going to knit one, maybe two, cable cushion covers from a Japanese knitting book I have, Favorite Aran Knits.



I've had a couple of false starts with cable patterns and I'm hoping since this is a smaller project and one I have to worry less about fitting me, that I'll have success. Plus I'd like to use my knitting-cables-without-a-cable-needle skills that I picked up in April from Annie Modesitt before I forget.

I'm using Berroco Ultra Alpaca in White. It is like knitting with buttah! It is so soft. Part of me is wondering if I should save this yarn for some type of knitted garment but it has been languishing in my stash for a while now, so I might as well use it. I have two skeins and I think this will be enough for two pillows.

The pattern is for a 14 X 14 inch cushion. I'd also like to make a larger, say 16 X 16, pillow cover in another color with a slightly different knitting chart that is also in the book. But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself during Ravelympics so if I get two done that will be great.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love knitted cushions. These should look great