Friday, October 24, 2008

Butterflies and Dogs

Besides the crashing of the waves outside my window, butterflies and dogs are what I will remember most about Carmel, California.

I'm about two blocks from the beach on Carmel Bay and went walking along the water last night and today. Carmel must love its dogs because the whole beach is a leash-free area for dogs. It was so fun to watch the dogs playing in the water and chasing each other. Made me think of Pachebel and how much she would love being on the beach. Maybe next time.

Butterflies... I didn't realize I missed them until I saw several flying around the flowers at the B&B I'm staying at, The Colonial Terrace. The grounds are immaculate here.






I wish I was staying another day but today I'm driving down the coast to San Simeon. I'll be staying on the beach there too. I plan on going to see the Hearst Castle tomorrow. It is supposed to be spectacular.

No comments: