Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One Skein Questionaire Answers

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
Non-novelty yarns. I'm not a fru-fru kinda gal although I like to throw in a little bit every once in a while. So solid color wool, cotton, wool blends, etc.

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
I like blues, greens and purples.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
I have used Noro for a felted Booga bag and for a entralac wrap I'm working on.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I like natural yarns like wool, cotton, or wool blends.

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
I like center pull, but traditionally wound balls are okay because I have a ball winder to make center pull balls.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
Yes, I like the blue sky organic cotton and wool, especially the alpaca (so soft, but expensive)

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
10 - 20, I think. I've made 6 or so scarves and hats. Several felted bags, a couple of sweaters. I'm working on a wrap right now.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Yes. I'm making the clutch from the one skein book that is made with lamb's pride bulky. They have great colors and they knit up fast. I plan on using them as gift bags and fill them up with little samples of bath and beauty products and some chocolate.

9. What is your favorite one skein project?
I love the felted clutch. And I really enjoyed making one of the cabled scarfs. I think the cupcakes are cute but I don't think I'll make one (but I'd love to receive one!)

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
When I started knitting last year, I told myself I would only buy enough yarn for my current project and I would do one project at a time. Of course, that didn't work out. I have a rolling yarn bag from JoAnn's that I just love. It is filled to the top with yarn. Plus I have several shopping bags full. I haven't stored them because I keep telling myself that I'm going to get back down to only the rolling yarn bag. Right! ;)

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
Yes, I have some GGH yarn that I bought because I saw it used in a skirt pattern in a Vogue Knitting magazine last year. But I figured out it would cost over $100 to make the skirt so I scrapped that idea. Now I'm hoping to use it as trim for a cardigan. Otherwise, I'll just keep it in my stash and bring it out every once in a while to look at and admire.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
No, it is so hot in Texas that we live indoors during the summer in air conditioning. But I'm more apt to make sleeveless tops and gifts during the summer and sweaters and cardigans and scarves and hats in the winter.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
I was going to a SNB group in Austin but now I have a commitement on the nights they meet. I used to post on LiveJournals Knitting forum but haven't done that lately. Mostly I read other peoples blogs.

No comments: