Sunday, May 07, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionaire Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like plain yarns (wool, wool blends, soy, etc.) over novelty yarn. I'm not particular about fibers but perfer less scratchy and more soft ones.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I use the Denise system and keep those needles in the case they came in. I keep my DPNs and other circulars in my rolling knitting bag. I have some straight needles that I also keep in the rolling knitting bag but I never use those needles.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
1 year. Beginning to intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No. But I'll take a look to see if there is anything I'd like and post to my blog.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavendar

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
No, I'm trying to avoid sweets.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Book binding, rubber stamping, collage, podcasting. I don't spin but I'd like to try my hand at dyeing.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I mostly listen to country but also like popular rock too. I can play MP3s on my computer and my iPod.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like greens, blues, turqoise, and purple. I'm not too fond of red.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married. Three cats and a dog.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves but not hats. I don't have any mittens or ponchos but would wear them if I had them. In Texas, it doesn't get too cold for too long. And we never get snow. So I don't usually get to wear those type of items too much.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm pretty new to knitting. I've knitted a bunch of scarves and hats. I've knitted a couple of sweaters. I've also knitted some felted bags. I'd like to try a lace shawl and socks. I also want to knit a cardigan or a shrug.

13. What are you knitting right now?
I just got done knitting some clutches/purse that I felted. And I'm working on a bunch of dish clothes for mother's day. I've started and entralac wrap with Noro Silk Garden #8. This is a wonderful colorway.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes. And I like to make them too!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like circular needles. And I like bamboo. The Denise system only comes with sizes down to size 5. I'd like to get some smaller size circular needles.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, Both.

17. How did you learn to knit?
I took a class at my LYS. It was a knitting 101 class. I also took a sweater class and made my first sweater in that class. That class taught me a lot about different aspects of knitting like increases, decreases, mattress stitch, and reading patterns.

18. How old is your oldest UFO?
1 year. I have a couple of novelty scarfs I started when I first learned to knit, that I never weaved the ends into. They ended up too short and scratchy for my taste.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Winter Soltice. It is a pagan winter celebration. Also, know as Yule. Usually occurs on the 21st or 22nd of December.

20. Is there anything that you collect?
Yes, too many things! And I have enough of them! But I'd love to have a knitting themed rubber stamp or two.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions. We will be on the road later this year so I can't really start any of those. I've got plenty of knitting books. I've got a good collection going for only being at it for a year now.

I'd like some of the dye your own yarn from Knit Picks or somewhere similiar.

I'd love to get a pattern with the yarn to go along with it. The pattern doesn't have to be purchased. It could be a free one from online.

I'd also like some rust-proof pins and some blocking wires.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'd like to learn how to do cables. I've made a scarf with some cables on it but the yarn was cotton and so it was little difficult. I heard of a fisherman's DNA scarft pattern that sounds interesting. Also, I'd like to learn how to do lace. I have some pink alpaca yarn that I think woud make a lovely lace scarf.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not yet. I'd like to give it a try again. I tried both DPNs and Magic Loop but didn't have too much luck. Plus the yarn I used was scratchy and no fun to knit with. I wear I size women's 10.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
08/01 (I'll be 40 this year. Ouch!)

No comments: