Friday, May 19, 2006

Week End Plans

Yeah! It is Friday! Even though I only worked two days this week since mom was in town and flew out on Wednesday, I'm glad to be away from work.

Tomorrow, I'm heading back into Austin for an art get together day with some friends at Ava's house. I'm bringing my entralac wrap to work on. I bought another skein of Noro Silk Garden so that I can make it longer. Will post a picture of it in the next day or two. It is beautiful!!

I'm also bringing a few skeins of yarn to knit swatches from. I plan on reviewing about four or five different yarns on this week's episode. So far I've knitted up Blue Sky Bulky (50% alpaca, 50% wool), Di.ve' Fiamma (100% Wool), and Cascade Yarns Luna (100% Peruvian Cotton). I have 3 other yarns I'd like to include but I might wait on those until the next episode.

I've also been putting together my show notes for Sunday's Knitting News Cast podcast. I haven't been able to stick to my every other Sunday recording lately. I've only been able to record every third Sunday. I hope to get back to every other week starting in June after Memorial Day weekend.

I have been keeping up with knitting news though. I've posted several entries on the knitting news page. Most noteworthy are World Wide Knit In Public Day and the Knitting World Cup.

No comments: