Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Spiral Socks

I've started these spiral socks from the Sweater Workshop. It is a beginning knitting project that the author suggests for first time knitters. I'm new to knitting socks so I thought this would be a perfect start.

We are going up to Dallas for the weekend for Memorial Day and I wanted a small, portable project to work on.

I keep reading people's blogs that they always keeping a sock in their purse to knit. I thought that sounded strange at first. I imagine a small child pointing and saying, "Hey, Mom, look at the strange lady who just pulled a sock out of her purse." But now I get it. Socks are a great portable project.

I'm using Lion Brand Yarns Magic Stripes and I am totaly enthralled with the fact that it does make stripes magically with no thinking/planning on my part. It is fun to see it knit up. The color is #203 which has blues and purples (of course) in it. Yummy! Posted by Picasa

No comments: