Saturday, June 03, 2006

Alpaca Day One

Here is a better picture of the Alpaca. It is much clearer then picture from yesterday from Amy's phone. But you can see how dirty they are so maybe it is too clear.

Last night when I got home it was dusk and almost dark. I got to see them but they wouldn't look at me and turned to look the other way.

They seemed less scared this morning and by the end of my picture taking they had sat down and the light colored one was even eating grass.

I'm not sure what else they eat besides grass. I doubt they have alpaca food at the feed store. But you never know. There may be something that other animals eat that they eat too.

Tomorrow they are getting sheered. Fay has found someone who sheers goats, llamas and alpacas. He told her to put the fleece in a box rather then a plastic bag. I'm not sure why. But okay.

I'm hoping he knows someone that can process the fleece for us. I've been reading on the internet how to clean it and turn it into roving and how to spin it. I'm not sure I'm up to it but Fay might be. I can help her and we can learn together.

And of course, they are her alpaca so she gets to decide! Posted by Picasa

No comments: