Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Knit, Check Pattern, Rip

I've been trying to knit a sock for the last 5 or 6 days now. I'm using the sock yarn my SP8 sent me but I just can't seem to find a pattern that is knitting up the way I like it.

My SP8 did send a great lace sock pattern, but I figured it would be a good idea for me to start out with a basic sock. I went to an online sock pattern generator, but the sock was too loose.

So I found another pattern and started knitting on that. Well, that pattern was too tight!

Right now I'm knitting to just be knitting anyway. And not to really get something accomplished, although that would be nice. It is helping me get through this week.

Amy's grandfather died on Sunday morning. We've been staying in Austin with her Granny. I've been going to work but when I'm at the house, I'm knitting. It helps pass the time and keeps my hands out of the cookies.

Looks like the funeral will be on Thursday morning. The final arrangements are being made today.

No comments: