Sunday, August 19, 2007

Baby Shrug For Evie



I made this shrug for Evie. I made the 9-12 months size and it ended up a little big for her. But it is August and about 95+ degrees everyday so hopefully by the time it gets cold she'll have grown into it more.

I used Vanna's Choice which felt softer in the store then when I knitted it up. I'm hoping that it will get softer with washing. The pattern called for Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran but I wanted a machine washable less expensive yarn.

It wasn't a difficult knit. It is knit all in one piece so there was only a little bit of seaming.

I think if I was to knit it again I'd use a sport weight yarn instead and adjust the pattern. It ended up a little to thick then needed for a baby in Texas.

Pattern: Baby Shrug from Simply Baby by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Vanna's Choice in Rose (#142), 2 1/2 Balls
Gauge: 18sts/4 inches
Needles: Size 7

No comments: