Monday, August 20, 2007

Bejeweled Scarf

I started this scarf late last year and must have got distracted by some other project because I recently found it unfinished at the bottom of my knitting bag.

The pattern is by Lisa Shobhana Mason, author of YarnPlay, and is called Bejeweled. She wore the scarf in a picture in the book but the pattern wasn't in the book. So she made it available on her website. At the time she was trying to raise money for medical bills for her dog.
I took a sweater class from Lisa right after I learned to knit. I was in over my head having only made scarfs and hats up until then. But Lisa patiently helped me to pick out a pattern and yarn even though I was freaking out a bit by all the choices.

The sweater actually turned out pretty good if not a little big. It is a great sweater to wear around the house. And now that I'm on my way to Seattle, I'll be able to wear it more often.


Anyway, the Bejeweled scarf is an easy knit. For the green one I only increased to 24 stitches because I didn't have enough yarn to make it wider and have it long enough. The pink one has 32 stitches like in the pattern.

I'm taking the pink one on the plane with me today on my trip out to California to meet my new boss and go for some training. I'm using Baby Bee Little Britches in Breebug/#4112. I like how it has flecks of purple, yellow, and pink in it. It is a soft yarn.

The green one is from a mystery yarn from my stash so I don't know what it is. But I think it is Cascade 220. It is rougher then the Baby Bee but I think it will be okay after a couple of washes.

Pattern: Bejeweled by Lisa Shobhana Mason
Needles: Denise Size 8
Gauge: 16 sts/4 inches (green), 15 sts/4 inches (pink)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: