Saturday, August 25, 2007

Knit and Pearl, Santa Barbara Yarn Store

I just got back from a week in Oxnard,CA at my new job's corporate headquarters for training and to meet the rest of the people I will be working with.

I flew in and out of Santa Barbara. It was a beautiful hour drive up and down the coast from and to the airport.

While I was in Santa Barbara, I stopped at Knit and Pearl, a local yarn store. I bought some really soft baby alpaca yarn to knit another Bejeweled scarf.
Erin, who is from Seattle, was there knitting. She gave me some great advise on finding a place to live in Seattle. She also told me about a couple of knitting groups, her favorite being Tuesday nights at the Fiber Gallery.
I'm looking forward to seeing her again and meeting the other people in her group. Knitters are such great people. Who would have thought that of all places I would have met a fellow knitter who lives in Seattle during my trip to Santa Barbara?!?

So far I've found two knitting groups to attend in Seattle. Can't wait to get up there. But now it is crazy packing until the 4th when I leave to go up to Seattle. 10 days and counting!!!

No comments: