Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Moving To Seattle

It has been a whirl wind last 2 weeks. I can't believe it but we are moving to Seattle. I go up next month to find a place to live and start work. Amy is going to stay in Marble Falls to get us ready to move which will probably occur mid-October.

My family live in Seattle and we had a tripped planned for next month, so the timing is perfect! And with the weather being 100 degrees lately, I'm looking forward to a little bit of relief from the heat.

I've been looking online on CraigsList for housing. I think we should be able to get a small house with 2 or 3 bedrooms. I'll need a room for my office and my yarn stash. And I'm hoping to have another bedroom as a guest bedroom. I've already had a few people say they want to come visit.

I'm really going to miss living here in Marble Falls. We just got the knitting group going but Susan will keep it going. We have other people showing up now too.

I am looking forward to all the yarn stores and knitting groups in Seattle. Seattle is where I got hooked back into crocheting. I went to the Yarn Gallery in West Seattle one day, saw all the amazing yarn and a wonderful scarf, and bought yarn to crotchet the scarf. But I ran out of yarn before I finished the scarf so I ended up going to Hill Country Weavers in Austin to get more and ended up taking a knitting class there.

There was a yarn crawl earlier this year in Seattle, so there is a map of all the shops that participated in the Seattle area. I've got a lot of places to check out. If you live in the Seattle area, please leave a comment on your favorite shop. And if you go to a knitting group in the West Seattle area I'd love to hear about it!

So I won't have much time to knit between now and when we get moved. But I did finish a baby shrug for Evie that I need to post about. I'll be giving it to her this weekend so I should be able to get an action shot.

No comments: