Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yarn Goodies

 


Last night at knit night I was gifted with 4 lovely skeins of yarn from my two friends Charity and Ialiuxh. I met both of them late last year, a month or so after I moved to Seattle. Since then we've been going on fiber related adventures including a trip down to Oregon for a Blue Moon Arts De-stashing sale, a trip to Westport, the Portland Yarn train, and the LYS Yarn tour.

We also get together to knit and check out yarn stores. I've learned a lot from both of them about yarn, knitting, and fiber. They have been especially important to me during this last year since my break up. I feel very lucky to have them in my life.

Charity has taken up spinning with even greater enthusiasm since she got her spinning wheel for her birthday last month. She had been spinning the most beautiful yarn! And last night she gifted me with 2 lovely skeins of wool/silk yarn. They are so beautiful!! I plan on making wrist warmers out of them so I can admire the yarn when I'm in office typing with cold hands.

 


Ialiuxh has started an hand-dyed yarn company, Lollipop Cabin. She lives in a little cabin in the forest where she uses rain water to dye her yarn. I especially like the skein of yarn she gifted me for my birthday:

 


Of course, it is in my favorite colors! Hmmm.... I wonder how she knew?

Ialiuxh also gifted me with some incredibly soft baby llama yarn by Mirasol. It is like buttah!

 


My life is full with friends and yarn. Who could ask for more?!?

No comments: