Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wishing y'all a Happy Thanksgiving! Many of you have been very supportive this year and for that I am grateful! Have a good one!



Today I'm off to share Thanksgiving with my brother, his girlfriend, and my Mom. I'm making deviled eggs and green bean casserole. Right now the eggs are on the stove.

Here's the recipe I use to make hard-cooked eggs from the Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook:

Place eggs(s) in saucepan. Add enough cold water to come at least 1 inch above eggs. Heat rapidly to boiling; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 18 minutes. Immediately cool eggs in cold water to prevent further cooking. Tap egg to crackle shell. Roll egg between hands to loosen shell, then peel. If shell is hard to peel, hold egg in cold water.

Betty is anything but not thorough! But since I rarely make hard boiled eggs, I pull this out every time. Crazy huh? Who doesn't know how to hard boil eggs?!?

Here are the recipes I'm using for the Deviled Eggs and Green Bean Casserole. (Sorry Betty... technology is putting you out of business)

1 comment:

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Hey, that's how I make my hard-cooked eggs,too. Except last time I forgot them on the stove and they boiled dry--and exploded! Won't do that again. :-)