Thursday, August 03, 2006

Chicks With Sticks

I went to Chicks With Sticks last night at Bluebonnet Yarn Shoppe in Cedar Park yesterday after work. The weekly knitting group meets every Wednesday from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM officially, but some people get there as early as 2 PM. I got there around 5:30 PM.

There was about 20 women that came and left while I was there. Each time someone left a new person quickly replaced them at the table. We even had the designated waiting chair where the new person seemed to move on to the table with in 10 or 15 minutes.

I loved meeting all the women and hanging out talking about knitting and our projects (current, WIPs, and FOs). I hadn't been to a knitting group in a while. I had been going to the Tuesday night SNB group at Book People but it doesn't start until around 7PM and I like to leave Austin between 7:30 and 8:00 so I'm not driving most of my 1 and 1/2 hour commute in the dark.

I worked on my V-Neck Shell that I'm test knitting for SWTC in Phoenix yarn. On experienced knitter was impressed a ribbon-like yarn had really good stitch definition. I got several more inches done on it and should be starting the armhole shaping soon. Hopefully, all the knitting will be done by the weekend. Maybe then I can sew it up and finish it off.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

We loved meeting you yesterday and hope you come again! The Chicks with Sticks are really a great community of women--and we laugh a lot. Enjoying this month's podcast right now!

Sue Ann (sat across from you in shiny yellow top knitting a mohair shawl and a shiny purple MP3 player holder, which I finished last night and will put on my blog when I get a chance)