Sunday, August 13, 2006

Next Podcast - August 20, 2006

I plan on recording and publishing episode 17 of the Knitting News Cast next Sunday, August 20th, 2006. I had thought and hoped that I would do an episode every 2 weeks but it just seems that I run out of time to do the research and reviews I like to do for each episode within that time frame.

So for now, I'm going to publish an episode at least once a month. More if possible, but I don't want to make a bigger commitment to myself then that for now. Amy has started working full-time again so more of the housework has come my way. I don't mind but it does eat into my weekends. Next month I'm hoping to go to a 4 day work week, but I have to wait to see if my contract is renewed (they have told me it has been, but it is a state contract and anything can happen). Working 4 days a week will give me more time to focus on my podcast, knitting, and chores. Plus it will cut down the hour and 1/2 each way commute to 4 times a week instead of 5.

Yesterday, I went into Austin with my MIL to take a drop-spindle class at Hill Country Weavers. Carol H. Rhoades taught the class. She has been spinning for over 30 years and is a wonderful and patient teacher. She writes for Interweave's Spin-Off magazine and teaches all over the country. She is moving to Wisconsin next year so I'm glad I got the opportunity to take her class before she left.

After the class we went to Central Market. I bought healthy food (for once!) and ran into a woman I know and just think is wonderful, Kelly Iris. She is a red-headed goddess with a great sense of humor. And she always has something intersting going on in her life. I love listening to her stories and she is a great Tarot card reader. She is always on the mark with me. It was great to see her.

So now all my weekend chores need to been done today. I usually write a few reviews for each episode. I usually include a magazine, a book, and a yarn review. I haven't got any of those done yet. My plan is to do each of those over the course of this coming week so I'll have them for the podcast next weekend.

In the meantime, if you have any knitting news, let me know and I'll try to post it on the website on the knitting news page and get it in the next episode.

No comments: