Tuesday, August 15, 2006

SWTC V-Neck Shell Front And Back

I finished knitting the back of the V-Neck Shell I'm doing for South West Trading Company. It is knitted in their Phoenix yarn which is 100% Soy Silk. I've had a great time knitting this and can't wait to get it all sewn up. I should get to it by the weekend. Then off it goes back to SWTC.
I'm thinking of knitting one similar for myself, but I'll knit it in the round instead of knitting a front and a back. That way there is only two little seam to sew at the shoulders rather then that plus the two sides.

There is a color way in the Phoenix yarn called Imposter. It would be perferct for the fall. It is just the right colors. And it is colors I look good in. So I will have to be on the look out for some. I think I'll need around 5 balls. I need to knit an XL for myself and it took a little over 3 balls to knit the medium.

Of course, I have a lot of other projects I need to be knitting. I've started holiday knitting. And I guess that will be my main focus for knitting over the next few months. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh, this shell looks absolutely fantastic - I love the yarn you've been using, it must be heaven to work with, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing it all sewn up and finished in all its glory!

Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog

Rhonda said...

Thank you. Yes the yarn I've been using, South West Trading Company's Phoenix, is really fun to work with. I'll be sewing it up tonight or over the weekend. I'll post a picture then.