Saturday, October 27, 2007

I've Fallen Into The Malabrigo Black Hole

Today Amy and I took the ferry over to Bainbridge Island and went to Churchmouse Yarns & Teas. They have Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden on sale for 20% off. So I thought I'd buy some.

Well, some how I ended up getting two skeins of Malabrigo instead. A couple of people in my Wednesday night Knitting group just love the yarn. I hadn't even heard of it before I moved here to Seattle, go figure.

This yarn is so soft and the colors are so vibrant. I'm afraid that I've fallen into a Malabrigo black hole that I'll never be able to get back out of! :)

But first I want to try it out on a couple of small projects before deciding if I want to spend $12 a skein for a sweater or garment that will use at least 5 or 6 skeins. I'm going to make a set of wrist warmers each for both us.

We also went to Poulsbo. I just love the main street there with all it Norwegian influenced businesses and restaurants. We browsed in both Wild & Wooly and Amanda's Yarns & Spinning. Both had a lot of yarn to look at but I didn't end up buying any. I think the Malabrigo will keep me busy along with my two other knitting projects.

No comments: