Sunday, October 21, 2007

Swatching For Belle

I'm so ready to start knitting Silver Belle. I'm on my third gauge swatch. I started off with the recommended needle size, 8. Which really was a mistake as I know that I'm a very loose knitter. I usually have to go down at least 2 needles sizes.

But instead I went down to a size 5 because my size 6 needle is being used for mom's Wickedly Foolish cardigan. And still my gauge was too big. Agh!

The Denise set only goes down to a size 5 so I had to go to the Yarn Stash yesterday to buy a size 4 needle. I bought a pair of Addi Turbo needles and when I got home, I cast on.

It looks like that this might be the right size. I haven't bound off yet, so I'm not for sure. I'm even thinking of washing and blocking the swatch, a first for me.

I really want this cardigan to be perfect or as close to perfect as possible. It is such a beautiful design. I want to wear it knowing I did my best. This time I want it to be about quality and not necessarily how soon I can wear it.

Unlike in Texas, I have more then a few weeks of cold to get to wear sweaters and such. And I want to wear this for years to come.

Hmm... Am I putting to much pressure on myself?

No comments: