Saturday, October 06, 2007

On Your Toes Socks Done!

I really liked knitting toe-up on these socks. It was a lot easier getting the socks the same length going bottom up.

However, I got holes on the heel part and had to sew them up. Not sure if I like this heel better then the flap heel. I may have to try a sock with an after thought heel to see if I like that better.

And I could have made the foot about a half an inch to an inch shorter. I think the heel will eventually ride up on these.

But I love the color and the yarn is a wool/cotton/nylon blend I think. I no longer have the ball band, so I'm not sure. I think I saw the same yarn at the Yarn Stash in Burien so I may go over there this week to get the name and to look at some yarn for other projects in my queue at Ravelry.

I've been making progress on mom's cardigan too. It is turning out pretty cute. I really like the mock cable ribbing on either side of the button ban. It is a continuation of the ribbing from the collar. I should be to the armholes later this week so I'll need to check the sizing on her before I do the rest of it. I'm thinking I need to make one of these for me! (Pictures later as I dropped my camera today and broke it. Damn! It isn't even 2 months old yet!)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Daisy K said...

I just finished the heel on my second "On Your Toes" socks. I got the holes too. And I had to shorten the foot a full inch for a good fit. I thought it was just me having weird feet. Thanks for the reasuring post.