Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ripping Back Your Own Knitting

Hmm... Is it karma or just bad luck that I had to rip back 16 rounds of my Wickedly Foolish cardigan? I've had so much fun finding sweaters to recycle for yarn lately. But that is other peoples knitting, not my own.

I realized last night when I picked the cardigan back up that I had stopped working the mock cable in the ribbing section next to the button hole and button band. No wonder it had become a REALLY mindless knit!

Oh well, I've got it ripped back to the last of the mock cables, back on the needles and knit a couple of rounds remembering to do the mock cable. It is coming along nicely but I don't think I'll be have far enough along to have my mom try it on for fit this weekend. I still have a lot of knitting to do before I get to the end of the raglan decreases.

And Amy gets here on Saturday, so a lot of the time I had spent knitting will now be spent getting her settled in. Then the movers come next week with our stuff. So then I'll have a lot of unpacking to do.

I'm going to work on it tonight at knitting group. Hopefully, I won't get too distracted that I forget the mock cable again.

No comments: